With the highest coaching qualifications – diplomas in coaching and sports directing from the Italian Football Federation, registration with the Football Federation Australia and a Queensland Blue Card, Stefano Salvatori has been coaching young players in Italy, Scotland, England, and now Australia since retiring from playing in 2002.
Initially coaching the reserve team for AC Legnano in Italy, Stefano moved to the UK in 2007 to work with FIFA in player recruitment.
In 2012, he immigrated to Australia to join his Australian fiancée Gillian. He has established his own coaching business in Brisbane to teach and inspire young players in the game which is his life. He continues as a visiting coach with AC Milan Soccer School in Sydney.
This year he has also taken on the role of Head Coach of the Youth (Under 20) and Under 18 National Premier League Teams at Olympic Football Club in Yeronga and is coaching at the Queensland Football School of Excellence at Kelvin Grove State College.
- 2002 – 2005 – AC Legnano – Technical Director, Coach – Reserve team, and Assistant Coach – Division C2
- 2005 – 2007 – Voghera Calcio – Technical Director – Division D
- 2007 – 2012 – Collaboration with F.I.F.A. Agents Player Recruitment – Italy, Scotland, England
- 2012 – 2013 – Coach – Albany Creek Excelsior (ACE) Football Club Under 12 Team Brisbane Premier League, Head Coach – Buono Academy, Head Coach – Football School
- 2013 – Present – Visiting Coach – AC Milan Soccer School Sydney, Junior Camp at Homebush Sydney, Torneo Montecatini 2013, Junior Camp at Mackay Lions Park, Junior Camp at Olympic Football Club Brisbane
- 2014 – Present – Head Coach – Olympic Football Club, Youth (Under 20) and Under 18 Teams National Premier League
- 2014 – Present – Visiting Coach – Kelvin Grove State College, Queensland Football School of Excellence